1/18/10

i need to leave you behind.

Lately Eric Stoltz is in EVERY SINGLE movie I watch. I buy a lot of $1 VHS's from different spots around town and when I come home with more then three, I am guaranteed that at least 1 will have Stoltzy in it, even if it is a minor roll. According to imdb.com he has been in 109 films, so this may be why. I am currently in the middle of watching Bodies, Rest and Motion (which isn't very good, hence why I am able to blog at the same time). In this movie Stoltz plays what I would think is his real life self. He is spacey, a mushball, and sweet, but creepy. Eric gets a sex scene in this movie with Jodie Foster, who is also a little bit creepy herself (in every film. She has that je-ne-sais-quoi of heebie jeebies that Nicole Kidman also has).
The first movie I ever remember seeing Eric in is Little Woman (1994) which I re-watch ever Christmas. Eric plays John Brooke. I have seen this movie about 100 times because my sister insisted on watching it every single night while she fell asleep for about 5 years. Again in Little Woman he is typecast, playing the mushy, sweet, creep (remember when he steals Meg's glove? They were so poor and he was so rich. What a creep).

Another movie I watched recently was a medium movie John Hughes wrote called Some Kind of Wonderful. Again Stoltz is a creep. His voice is very I need a shower now in this movie. His character Keith spends his entire university fund on earrings for a bitchy girl, Amanda, when he is obviously in love with his (probably actually playing for the other team) best friend, Watts, who he ends up giving the stupid earrings too. At one point in the movie he "practices" making out with Watts even though he can definitely tell that she loves him. What a creep move.
Eric Stoltz also guest stars for a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Where (SHOCKING) he plays
a serial killer. Meredith Grey takes a liking to him shows him empathy, but of course she would, she is a tool.


Other movies that Eric Stoltz plays himself in that I have seen in the last 6 months:
Say Anything (mushy creep)
Pulp Fiction (bad guy)
Singles (horrible movie, same creep)
Fast Times At Ridgemount High (creep in training)
Rules of Attractions (he gets a beej from a student)

No comments: