7/25/09

the dust that settles in my lungs

My dad, Ed, says that chipmunks are taking over his yard. To fix this he's been shooting them with a .22 rifle. I don't know how much damage a chipmunk can really do, but he argues that if he doesn't off them, the garden and yard will be in ruins.
He shot a squirrel the other day because it kept spilling the bird feeder. I think he's getting a bit gun happy. When we were chatting on the phone the other day he had to let me go because he saw the little guy flipping it over again. He put one in him, but then somehow the squirrel ran away. He called me back later that day to let me know he found him stiff as a board by the tire swing later.

1 comment:

guttafool said...

Dad doesn't tell me these stories anymore because I started to cry last time. I totally didn't know about the squirrel and feel so sad now.